SOCIAL WORKER / COUNSELLOR (3-4 days per week, permanent)
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Submit curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Social Worker/Counsellor (3-4 days a week, permanent)
Supervisor: Executive Director
To assist participants in dealing with their lives’ challenges while living with cancer. And to help enrich our outreach and community initiatives.
Summary of key tasks
- Manage registration process for new participants
- Conduct registrations
- Review registrations, ensuring all requirements are fulfilled
- Help manage Wellness Guides
- Individual and group consultations
- Ensure the success of the Living Well with Cancer Network
- Promote and grow this initiative
- Maintain National database
- Respond to requests
- Act as a patient advocate, providing resource, support and recommendations to enable participants to maintain a level of control over their health /wellness.
- To work with Programming team to continue building relationships within the community and hospitals.
- Along with Programming team, work with Marcom coordinator to build and maintain community awareness and organize events to heighten awareness.
- Assist in the development of internal policies of the organization
- Create reports as requested by Executive Director
- Safeguard the good name and values of the WICWC
Skills / Qualifications:
- Strong counselling psychotherapeutic skills
- A minimum of 3 years of experience
- Maintain active status with The Ordre of Social Workers of Quebec or with a counselling/psychotherapy related Ordre or Association.
- Fluently bilingual (required)
- Excellent communication and counselling skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.