Please note that this list is not exhaustive. For more resources please contact the West Island Cancer Wellness Center (514) 695-9355.
- Camp Erin: http://www.ymywha.com/camperin/
- Camp Erin is the largest network of free bereavement camps in North America designed for children and teens ages 6-17 who have experienced the death of someone close to them.
- Nova West Island: https://www.novawi.org/copie-de-soutien-au-deuil
- Adult Support: They offer an 8 week bereavement support group service three times a year free of charge.
- Carousel (children): They offer a weekend bereavement camp twice a year free of charge. They also offer throughout the year a bereavement program called “Circle of Support”.
- West Island Palliative Care Residence: http://residencesoinspalliatifs.com/
- They offer bereavement group sessions for adults and children free of charge.
- ORA Loss and Living Program: http://www.ora-mtl.org/
- They offer a variety of loss and living workshops with varying themes at a small cost.
- Maison Monbourquette: https://www.maisonmonbourquette.com/
- They offer a free grief support hotline service where volunteers trained by professionals attentively listen to your needs and offer support.
- Good Grief Central: http://www.goodgriefcentral.com/
- They offer a variety of support groups for adults, children and teenagers at no cost.
Resources for Teachers:
- Guidelines on how to proceed in the event of the death of a student or teacher:
- This document includes information on notifying staff, parents and students as well as information on memorials/memorial services.