Please note that this list is not exhaustive. For more resources please contact the West Island Cancer Wellness Center (514) 695-9355.
Resources for Adolescents and Young Adults who have cancer:
- West Island Cancer Wellness Center: wicwc.org
- The Center offers services free of charge to people experiencing cancer – either having it themselves or supporting someone with cancer. Some of the programs and services offered include acupressure, reiki, support groups, nutritional cooking, private counseling, massage therapy, yoga, meditation and many more.
- Cancer Fight Club at Hope and Cope (18-39): https://cancerfightclub.com/
- Their programs include peer support, workshops and seminars, retreats, exercise and physical activities, social get-togethers, stress management, all geared towards young adults.
- On the tip of the toes (14-29): tipoftoes.com
- They offer free outdoor expeditions throughout Canada to adolescents and young adults afflicted by cancer. Their activities include kayaking, rafting, sailing, trekking, skiing and many more.
- Cedars Can Support: http://www.cansupport.ca
- They offer a variety of support groups with one geared towards the 18-39 year old age group. They also offer complementary therapies such as yoga, art therapy, reiki, massage therapy and more.
- Cancer Care: https://www.cancercare.org/
- Free 15-week online support groups led by an oncology social worker. They have a variety of support groups for different types of cancer and two specific groups for young adults.
- VOBOC: https://voboc.org/
- VOBOC’s mission is to improve the experiences and outcomes for adolescents and young adults (AYAs) with cancer. VOBOC is committed to offering resources and supportive care that is patient-centered and targeted to help improve the cancer experiences of AYAs.