Please note that this list is not exhaustive. For more resources please contact the West Island Cancer Wellness Center (514) 695-9355.
Resources for school environment personnel:
- Discussing Cancer as a Teacher: This document contains information to help teachers lead a class discussion when a student is diagnosed with cancer. It is adapted for young children and teenagers.
- Information for My Child’s School About My Cancer Diagnosis: This form can be filled out by parents who have cancer. It informs the school about the parent’s diagnosis, the information they have shared with their child, and how the school can help.
- Booklet for school personnel on cancer from Leucan: https://www.leucan.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Guide_intervenants_scolaires_2017_ANG-1.pdf
- Includes basic information on cancer, guidelines to help prepare students to return to class, suggestions on how to approach the subject of cancer with peers, information on the difficult situations faced by siblings of children who have cancer and useful resources.
- For information on how to proceed in the event of death of a student or a teacher please visit the bereavement section.